Tuesday, December 24, 2013

♫ On The Twelfth Day of Christmas ♫

♫ On the twelfth day of Christmas
My favorite author sent to me:
Twelve drummers drumming
Eleven pipers piping
Ten lords a-leaping
Nine ladies dancing
Eight maids a-milking
Seven swans a-swimming
Six geese a-laying
Five golden rings
Four calling birds
Three French hens
Two turtle doves and
A partridge in a pear tree. ♫
(a chance to win an twelfth gift)

On the twelfth day of Christmas, I'm offering a chance to win a $20 Amazon or B&N Gift Card. ❤


How to win: Comment below or on Facebook Fan Page (leaving contact information) and have a chance to win a gift card (winner will be randomly selected by me).

For those who don't win, I'm including another recipe from Breaking Bread with Family: (free on Blurb)

Realizing the traditional meals of my family were in jeopardy of being lost to my children forever, I rolled up my sleeves and began organizing the chaos called my late mother-in-law's recipe folder.  Weeding through scraps of paper, envelopes, thank you notes, and index cards, I discovered that the directions for my husband's favorite childhood meals were fading and -periodically - incomplete.

Breaking Bread with Family is a one-stop-shop where those very recipes have been preserved for the next generation. Making the book even more special is the fact that I sprinkled in a few of the dishes most loved and served by my father when he was alive.

These recipes are more southern than gourmet, but, for me, everything about them conjure memories of love, laughter, acceptance, and - above all else - home.

Campfire Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

3/4 cup white sugar
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup boiling water
3 1/2 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
8 large marshmallows

Directions

Cocoa: Combine the cocoa, sugar and salt in saucepan. Blend in the boiling water. Bring mixture to an easy boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot. Do not boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide between mugs (4). Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa, cooling drink.

Marshmallows: Skewer marshmallows, roasting each over campfire until puffed up, medium brown, and soft to the core. Top each mug with two roasted marshmallows.

Serve. Enjoy.

Thank you so much for participating in my first Days of Christmas Event! 

In case you missed any of them, you'll want to check out the giveaways spotlighted on the previous posts. All coupons should be good until 1/1/14. 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to win that amazon card and thanks for the recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe and the giveaway! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete